Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw values your privacy as a customer and processes your personal data in accordance with the following privacy statement. Our audience is of utmost importance to us, and as the largest art institution in Flanders, we aim to provide you, our customers, with a high-quality service tailored to your interests and desires. Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw, with address at Van Ertbornstraat 8, 2018 Antwerp, is the data controller of your personal information under the applicable GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) laws and regulations. By purchasing tickets, using our services (including our websites), or applying through our website, you also agree to this privacy statement.
Data Subject means an identified or identifiable natural person;
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person;
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
Purpose(s) means the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed, as set out in this privacy statement;
Recipient means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or another body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not;
Third Party means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the data subject, controller, processor, and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
To provide a clear understanding and transparency about how we handle your personal data, we have established a privacy statement. Here, we explain when and which personal data are processed and for what purposes. This privacy statement applies to the services of Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw and to job applications through the website.
4. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
When do we collect your personal data?
- when you purchase a ticket for one of our performances
- when you subscribe to our newsletters
- when you apply through the form on our website
- when you use our services and products in other ways
- when you are filmed by security cameras in our buildings for safety reasons
Can we process your personal data?
Every processing of personal data must be based on one of the legal grounds (Art. 6.1). Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw will primarily rely on:
- Consent: Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw may process your personal data if we have obtained your consent. Every consent must be freely given, specific, informed, demonstrable, and based on a positive action. Sensitive data may only be processed based on explicit consent. Furthermore, every consent must be as easy to withdraw as it was given.
- Contractual necessity: We use your personal data only for the execution of a contract or the taking of pre-contractual measures. However, this legal basis does not apply to the processing of sensitive data.
- Vital interests: Data processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person. This legal basis applies only if there is a risk to the health and/or life of a natural person.
- Public task: Personal data is necessary for the performance of a task of public interest or a task assigned to the organization in the exercise of public authority.
- Legitimate interests: We process your personal data for reasons related to the legitimate interests of Opera Ballet Vlaanderen, such as detecting invoice fraud and informing our customers about it. When performing this kind of processing, we aim to balance this legitimate interest with respecting your personal privacy.
What personal data do we process and for what purposes?
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw may process various types of personal data from visitors to the website www.operaballet.be. In particular, we may collect and store the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Address information
- Phone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Photo(s) and/or video(s)
- Data about your activities on our websites
- Other personal data actively provided by you, such as creating a profile on this website, in correspondence, and by phone.
Your personal data are further processed for the following purposes:
- The functioning of the website
- The analysis of your visit
- Maintaining relationships
- Processing your requests and orders of goods and services on www.operaballet.be, including tickets and subscriptions
- Providing a hall rental offer
- Sending our newsletters, magazines, or brochures, and the associated processing and follow-up
- Job applications
- After registering on our website, we may also ask for additional information that can help us provide more tailored services.
- The processing of this data is necessary to enable Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw to fulfill your order or process your request.
The personal data are stored in highly secure data centers, but no longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were originally collected. The suppliers of the databases cannot use the personal data in any way. Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw retains the personal data until you request their deletion.
Online ticket sales and subscriptions
The personal data you provide to order tickets or subscriptions are stored in your profile and processed by Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw in the following categories:
- Contact details such as name, address, email address, and phone number
- Date of birth (required to grant discounts to e.g. under 26)
- Gender (to address you correctly)
- Payment history
- Order details (your bank account or card number is not stored
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw collects and processes your personal data primarily to handle and deliver your order correctly, as well as for profiling, sending brochures, magazines, newsletters, service emails, and customer satisfaction surveys.
Your personal data are stored in a highly secure data center managed by the supplier of the used ticketing system. Under no circumstances can this supplier use your personal data.
If you are no longer an active customer of Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw, we will no longer use your data for promotional purposes (newsletters, magazines, brochures). You always have the right to have your data deleted from the database (see further "10. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?"). Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw will occasionally use your data (location, age) for statistical purposes.
Tickets Antwerp is a new initiative of three prominent cultural organizations: DE SINGEL, Opera Ballet Vlaanderen, and Antwerp Symphony Orchestra.
In 2018, the organizations transitioned from separate systems to a shared ticketing system and in 2021, they are transitioning to a new Ticketing system (Tix Benelux) for even more possibilities and user-friendliness. This allows for joint sales, such as mixed series, from a single hall layout. The organizations can sell their own, each other's, and joint tickets. This applies to both one-time events and series. The advantage of this collaboration is that you only need one "Tickets Antwerp" login to purchase online tickets or subscriptions from the various organizations. Your contact information will now be shared between the organizations where you purchase tickets, ensuring your information is always up to date.
Why this collaboration?
The collaboration enables the three cultural houses to set up joint sales. This allows the organizations to sell their own, each other's, and joint tickets from a single hall layout. This applies to both one-time events and series.
For customers, this means you only need one "Tickets Antwerp" login to purchase online tickets or subscriptions from the different organizations. Your contact information will now be shared between the organizations where you purchase tickets, ensuring your information is always up to date.
What does this collaboration mean for my customer data?
Within Tickets Antwerp, your contact information is only shared between the organizations you are a customer of. Your data will only be used by an organization where you have ordered tickets or a subscription. The advantage of this collaboration is that you only need one "Tickets Antwerp" login to purchase online tickets or subscriptions from the three houses, and you only need to update your contact information in one place if anything changes. Preferences for postal mailings and emailings can be indicated separately for each organization and are not shared. Your purchase history or customer history is also not shared.
What data is shared?
Within Tickets Antwerp, your contact information is only shared between the organizations you are a customer of. Your data will only be used by an organization where you have ordered tickets or a subscription. Preferences for postal mailings and emailings can be indicated separately for each organization and are not shared. Your purchase history or customer history is also not shared.
Notifications and Questions
If you have questions, comments, or complaints about the use of your personal data or if you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter and/or brochures or magazines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data of job applicants will only be used for recruitment purposes. This data will not be used for marketing purposes and will be stored in the Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw database for up to 1 year after the application.
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw processes this personal data in a securely protected database, including:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email and postal address
- Phone number
Without your consent, this data will not be shared with third parties.
5. SHARING WITH SOCIAL NETWORK SITES
6. SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw uses surveillance cameras in its buildings. We will process these camera images for the purpose of building security and access control for Opera Ballet Vlaanderen buildings, monitoring employees, visitors/persons present in Opera Ballet Vlaanderen buildings, and prevention and recording of criminal offenses (such as burglary, theft, or vandalism).
We will retain the camera images for no longer than thirty (30) days for the purposes mentioned above. After this period, the images will be deleted by overwriting them with new recordings.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw ensures appropriate technical security of your personal data and ensures that the data is only accessible to a limited number of employees who need it for the performance of their duties.
8. TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
We will not transfer your data to third parties without your explicit consent, unless necessary to achieve the purposes described in this privacy statement or as required by law. Personal data (i.e., contact information) of customers are stored in the Ticket Antwerpen ticket network. Within this network, only identification and contact information are shared. These data can only be used by another organization when ordering tickets for an event organized jointly with Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw. We and our partners take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect this data.
9. TRANSFER TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EEA
In certain cases, the data may be used by another organization for the order of tickets for an event, Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw may store and/or transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If this is the case, we guarantee that the transfer will take place in accordance with relevant legal obligations and ensure that the third country provides an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
We will process your personal data only in a transparent and lawful manner, for the explicit and lawful purposes mentioned above. We assure you that the processed personal data is adequate, accurate, relevant, and not excessive. Additionally, you, as a data subject, have certain rights related to the personal data you have shared with us.
Right of access (Art. 15):
This means you have the right to know whether the personal data you have provided is processed by us. You can always request a copy (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) of your personal data.
Right to rectification (Art. 16):
You always have the right to rectify your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18):
In certain circumstances, you may ask Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw to temporarily stop processing your personal data and thus limit its processing. You can exercise this right if one of the following elements applies:
- The data of the data subject is incorrect.
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of its use instead.
- The data controller no longer needs the personal data for the processing purposes.
- The data subject has objected to the processing of their personal data. Pending the outcome of the organization's assessment of whether its grounds outweigh those of the data subject, data processing must be restricted.
Right to object (Art. 21):
You can object to the processing of the relevant personal data. (based on Article 6.1 (e) or (f), including profiling based on those provisions)
Crowd images may be taken. Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw may use these crowd images for marketing purposes. You can object to this by sending an email to email@example.com before your visit to our halls or by notifying our reception staff during your visit.
Right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including direct marketing and profiling (Art. 22):
You have the right to object to direct marketing and the associated profile analysis.
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw uses personal data for marketing purposes. We regularly send information about our current program, both in paper and electronic form. You can always opt in and out of this.
- Newsletters (email): You can subscribe to our newsletters when you make a purchase or when you rent a hall from us, for example. At the bottom of our emails, you will always find an unsubscribe link, but you can also unsubscribe by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper magazine: Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw sends you a paper magazine every three months based on your subscription to that magazine, your attendance at our performances (up to three seasons ago), or if you are a partner of our organization. You can let us know that you no longer want to receive this magazine via email@example.com.
- Season brochure: Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw sends out an annual paper season brochure based on your subscription to that brochure, your attendance at our performances (up to three seasons ago), or if you are a partner of our organization. You can let us know that you no longer want to receive this brochure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise the above rights, for further questions, or for complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, you can email us at email@example.com.
For additional information, you can also contact the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
12. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw may modify or update this privacy statement. You can review the changes on the homepage of www.operaballet.be with reference to the updated version. The date and version number are always provided at the bottom of this page. The changes automatically take effect upon publication.
Opera Ballet Vlaanderen vzw
Van Ertbornstraat 8
Date of approval and first publication: 28.04.2022 v1